DIABETES – THE SILENT THIEF OF SIGHT
Diabetes can cause reduced vision and even blindness in a person. Diabetes mainly affects the retina which is the screen like layer inside the eye on which the image we see fall and is sent to the brain. In diabetes, the tiny blood vessels in the retina begin to leak causing swelling and damage which can become irreparable if left unattended.
So what should you do?
(1) Keep your sugar levels under good control and get them checked periodically.
(2) Meet your diabetologist periodically and follow his advise
(3) Have an eye check up as soon as possible as and when you are diagnosed to have diabetes mellitus
(1) Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented and treated easily if you have regular and periodical eye check up
(2) The eye specialist will recommend the best treatment option available suited to your eye condition
VIGNESH MEENU EYE CLINIC OFFERS COMPLETE DIABETIC RETINOPATHY SCREENING AND TREATMENT SERVICES..
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES
(1) INDIRECT OPHTHALMOSCOPY AND SLIT LAMP BIOMICROSCOPY FOR RETINA EXAMINATION
(2) FUNDUS PHOTOGRAPHY TO DOCUMENT THE STATUS OF THE RETINA
(3) LASER TREATMENT FACILITIES
come let us join in this mission to reduce the burden of blindness due to diabetes